Saturday 16 June 2007

Finally ...verity

Time for the truth: the response to this previous post
1 . True. Lived in the St. John's Hospital Quarters till I was age 7. Could see the planes land and take off from the HAL airport in Bangalore (was very different back then in the 80s) and wave at them like any other kid 'aeroplane tata aeroplane tata' ... always wishing i would fly one someday!
2. True. Was born premature(7.5 months). My grandma said i actually fit in her palm. :-)
3. True. I really did hate eating until I joined work a few years back. It's a very different story now though!
4. Very True! As absurd as this sounds, I had a very different idea of what is DONE! Until of course the pics and videos that they provided enlightened me. (Didn't take bio in PU).
5. True. Feel dizzy when i look vertically downwards from heights.
6. False! Surprised I'm sure. I did have those glasses. Will probably post a pic sometime. But It was only coz my mummy dear forced me to wear those big fibre frames instead of sleek metal ones. Her reasoning was that metal frames would heat up in the sun and cause burn marks on my nose. Only mums can come up with such things and still make u believe in them. Yeah all the girls i planned to hit on did run away at first sight!
7. True. No surprise here.
8. True. I think they are slimy, gross and mess up the whole place with poop.
9. True. He still boasts about it during friends meet-up days. Me though just like joining in the fun. I'm sure he'll give that another try if i let him do it again!

Ok ... one last statement... see if u can detect how much of it is true here

After UKG, during my summer hols I would roam around the St. John's Hosp Quarters area with a bunch of 5 guys (3 of them were 2 yrs older and other 2 were my age) and 2 street dogs (Jimmy n Andy), chasing chameleons and what we called back then 'King Chameleons' cause they were orange and black. At the end of the hols Jimmy died of rabies and my parents saw Andy jump on me a few days later. Had to take the anti-rabies vaccines cause of this incident beginning month of 1st standard. My love for dogs, nature, friend groups and hatred for lizards all started during this time!

7 scribbles:

Pilli said...

danny boy what am i seeing.. u r a coffee addict.. :-o can't beleive it ...

Pilli said...

ha ha ha
when i was wearing glasses i always wanted metal frames to be "cool" infront of gals..
;)

i just did my 9 point some one da :D

Anonymous said...

You started loving dogs after one of them bit you ? That does seem false. So, either 'Andy' did not bite you or you don't like dogs.

dannyboy said...

@pills: Yeah pills, somehow we never realize how uncool glasses are until we find our eyes behind a pair. Me waiting for my contact lenses to arrive soon :D! Me switched to Tea :) change is surely the name of the game... haha

@pd: naa... I haven't been bitten by a dog ever. the 'jump' i'm talking abt could be just an affectionate one! dogs usually do that when they know the person. wanna rethink?!

Anonymous said...

the whole thing sounds cooked up to me!! dunno y u shud luv dogs after getting injections!! and y u shud hate lizards if u were chasing them all along!!

either its all false or u r a complete weirdo! ;)

dannyboy said...

every single word in that paragraph in brown is true! :D yeah does make me a complete weirdo!

Melvin Pereira said...

HEy dude !! nice me here for the first time as well, thanks for the visit ... and thanks for the comment ... well donno if that was good or bad though ...

hmm ... i know i am just rambling in the wrong section for an intro ;) lol